THE BOROUGH OF RIDGWAY
108 Main St.
Ridgway, Pa. 15853
RIDGWAY BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETINGS
3rd Monday of Every Month at 7:00pm
Council Chambers-108 Main St.
Called and Advertised as Needed
RIDGWAY BOROUGH COUNCIL MEETING GUIDELINES FOR VISITORS
Ridgway Borough Council Welcomes Citizen's Comments and or Concerns. While Most Concerns Can Be Handled Through Daily Operation, Citizens May Find The Need To Address Council In Person. If Such A Need Should Arise,The Following Criteria Will Be Met:
1. Any citizen whising to address Council must call the Borough Office 24 hours in advance of the meeting to be placed on the agenda.
2. Only taxpayers and residents of the Borough will be recognized during the visitor participation time of the meeting. Citizens are only permitted to speak during this time of the meeting unless addressed by Council.
3. If you are not on the agenda, you must sign in and write in your reason for addressing Council. A sign-up sheet will be located in the Council room and will be reviewed five minutes prior to the meeting. ou will be allowed to speak only at Council's discretion.
4. You must state your concern within a three minute allotted time period.
5. You will stand, state your name and address and state your concern to the President of Council.
6. You must act in an orderly manner and refrain from any profanity or personal attacks to Council.
7. Council will take all comments under advisement and is not required to answer on-the-spot.
8. A group of citizens with the same concern will appoint a spokesperson and will be allotted a five minute time limit.
9. The visitor participation portion of the meeting is limited to a total of 30 minutes.
The Borough of Ridgway advises residents that BUILDING PERMITS are required for any ADDITION, ACCESSORY STRUCTURES, FENCES, ROOFING, PORCHES, and MAJOR INTERIOR renovations.
Building Permits are also required for COMMERCIAL and INDUSTRIAL construction or major renovations.
Building Permit Applications are available at the Borough Office 108 Main St.
ATTENTION BOROUGH RESIDENTS:
BOROUGH OF RIDGWAY OFFICE HOURS
MONDAY thru FRIDAY 8:00am-4:00pm
Public Service Announcement
March 27, 2018
Ridgway Borough Water Continues Unbroken Record of Compliance with
Disinfection Byproduct and Lead and Copper Limits
The results for the September sampling of Ridgway Borough
Water for Disinfection Byproducts (DPB), including Total Trihalomethanes (TTHM)
and Halo Acetic Acids (HAA5) have been received.
The regulatory limit for TTHM is __0.080 mg/l OEL.
The current value for TTHM in Ridgway’s water is 0.0326 mg/l OEL.
The Regulatory limit for HAA5 is 0.060 mg/l OEL.
The current value for HAA5 in Ridgway’s water is 0.025 mg/l OEL.
The action level for lead is 0.015 mg/l. Twenty
samples were taken for lead throughout the Ridgway Water distribution system.
Nineteen samples were below the analytical detection limit of 0.0050
mg/l. One sample had detectable lead of 0.0056 mg/l.
The action level for copper is 1.3 mg/l. Twenty
samples were taken for copper throughout the Ridgway water distribution system.
The average value for copper is 0.0377 mg/l. The highest value for
copper is 0.0744 mg/l.
It should be noted that The Borough of Ridgway has been
monitoring the water for and reporting disinfection byproducts and lead and
copper since they have been regulated and have always been in compliance.
In the event that disinfection byproducts limits would be
exceeded, public notification will be made in accordance with the regulations.
Ridgway’s history of compliance is provided through the
Consumer Confidence Report available on the Borough’s web site
Ridgway Borough Office advises borough residents not to rake leaves and yard
waste onto borough streets. The Borough requests leaves be raked to the curb
and the borough will remove them during leaf collection scheduled to begin Oct.
29 through Nov. 16, 2018. After Nov. 16th there will be a charge to
pick up leaves raked to the curb.
can bag leaves and take them to the compost facility that will be open on
Tuesday’s 2-5 p.m., Friday’s 10 am – 5 pm, and Saturday’s 8 am-3 pm. The last
day for the compost facility will be Sat. Nov. 17, 2018. After Nov. 17th the
gate to the compost facility will be open Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. to
haul your leave to until Fri. Dec.7th.
the compost area closes residents can bag the leaves and set them out to the
curb for collection. The last day for this service will be Dec. 7, 2018. Please
call the office at 776-1125 to schedule pick up of bagged leaves. After Nov. 17th