THE BOROUGH OF RIDGWAY
108 Main St.
Ridgway, Pa. 15853
BOROUGH OF RIDGWAY REFUSE DEPARTMENT
3 man crew
Collects refuse from residential and commercial customers
IMPORTANT MESSAGES / SCHEDULE CHANGES
1. It shall be the responsibility of the occupant of the premise to keep all refuse receptacles in a sanitary condition.
2. All refuse receptacles shall be maintained in a good condition. Any receptacle which does not conform to the provisions of this part or may have ragged or sharp edges or any other defect liable to hamper or injure the collector shall be promptly replaced upon notice. Failure to comply within ten (10) days will result in the removal of defective receptacles as refuse.
3. More than one (1) family or living unit on the same premises may use the same containers but each family must pay the established rate as though a separate container is being used.
4. All refuse containers for household wastes shall be of galvanized or aluminized iron, plastic material or equivalent, shall be of substantial construction, shall have suitable handles by which they may be lifted, shall not leak, and if located outside, shall have tight-fitting covers sufficient to keep out water and prevent disturbances by animals and entry of insects. Receptacles shall be limited to thirty (30) gallons capacity each, and for every container in excess of three (3) there shall be imposed a charge of twenty-five cents ($0.25) for each additional container.
1. Refuse containers shall be placed on public right-of-way for collection. When possible, placement shall be between the sidewalk and the curb. If the terrain will not permit such placement, then the container shall be placed on private property or the public right-of-way as near to the sidewalk as possible without actually obstructing passage on the sidewalk.
2. Refuse containers shall not be placed on the public right-of-way earlier than 6:00pm on the day preceding the scheduled pickup and shall be removed from the public right-of-way no later than 8:00pm on the day of pickup.
PLACE GLASS OR OTHER SHARP OBJECTS IN A SEALED BOX.
ALL REFUSE MUST BE BAGGED.
ALL SOLID WASTE FROM PETS MUST BE PLACED IN BAGS.
WHEN RENTING A BOROUGH CONTAINER:
ONCE THE CONTAINER IS PLACED BY THE REFUSE CREW YOU MAY NOT MOVE IT
WITHOUT PERMISSION OF THE REFUSE CREW.
CONTAINERS ARE ONLY TO BE FILLED LEVEL TO THE TOP OF THE CONTAINER.