Council Meeting Guidelines
The Ridgway Borough Council welcomes citizen’s comments and or concerns. While most concerns can be handled through daily operation, citizens may find the need to address council in person. If such a need should arise, the following criteria will be met:
1. Any citizen wishing to address Council must call the Borough Office 24 hours in advance of the meeting to be placed on the agenda.
2. Only taxpayers and residents of the Borough will be recognized during the visitor participation time of the meeting. Citizens are only permitted to speak during this time of the meeting unless addressed by Council.
3. If you are not on the agenda, you must sign in and write in your reason for addressing Council. A sign-up sheet will be located in the Council room and will be reviewed five minutes prior to the meeting. ou will be allowed to speak only at Council’s discretion.
4. You must state your concern within a three minute allotted time period.
5. You will stand, state your name and address and state your concern to the President of Council.
6. You must act in an orderly manner and refrain from any profanity or personal attacks to Council.
7. Council will take all comments under advisement and is not required to answer on-the-spot.
8. A group of citizens with the same concern will appoint a spokesperson and will be allotted a five minute time limit.
9. The visitor participation portion of the meeting is limited to a total of 30 minutes.
The Ridgway Borough hosts their monthly meetings on the 3rd Monday of every month at 7:00pm at Second Ward Hose Company (317 W. Main Street, Ridgway).
Special meetings are called and advertised as needed.